One person - several FAS accounts? (was: bodhi abuse?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Aug 30 18:46:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 05:01:24PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Secondly, in my opinion, it is not okay that one person opens multiple
> Fedora accounts.
> [...]
> In case there are no rules yet, it's about time to create some.

I agree with Michael about 10^10%.

FAS accounts should be only one for each user. If there are needs for
having several accounts for one person, these needs should be
explained and either the FAS system extended to cover these cases, or
special cased by whatever entity (fesco, fab, Fedora infra team?) is
authoritative.

Isn't there perhaps already some texting that one needs to click
through that has the user sign that he will use only that account?
Otherwise could someone add this?

Besides bodhi fake voting this can even be used for fab/fesco fake
voting (although it is probably harder to mark several
same-person-accounts as packager accounts w/o anyone noticing it)!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net