Can pungi put packages in the iso that are not installed?

Joe Nall joe at nall.com
Tue Dec 23 22:39:25 UTC 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 3:50 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 15:22 -0600, Joe Nall wrote:
>> I was trying to avoid maintaining 2 ks files. I solved the problem by
>> using sed to create an install ks from the pungi ks.
>
> Just curious, can I ask what output of pungi you're using and how
> you're
> doing the install?

I have a package group @myapp-all that I want in the iso repo. I do
not want the packages in this group prompted for or installed by
anaconda.  @myapp-all get installed after the first boot when some
needed services are available (selinux-policy-mls and mcstransd).

joe

#!/bin/bash

VERSION=`svnversion -n`
NAME=MyApp
BUILD=/var/tmp/pungi
OS=$BUILD/$VERSION/`uname -i`/os/
ARGS="--destdir=$BUILD --bugurl=http://www.myapp.org/ --nosplitmedia --
nosource --name=$NAME --ver=$VERSION --force"

rm -rf $BUILD
mkdir -p $BUILD

pungi -c myapp.ks $ARGS -GCB

# Customize boot menu and add remove @myapp-\* from first install
cp myapp-install myapp-install.repo myapp.ks isolinux.cfg.patch $OS
sed -e 's/^@myapp-/#@myapp-/' myapp.ks > $OS/myapp.ks
(cd $OS/isolinux && sudo patch < ../isolinux.cfg.patch)
rm $OS/isolinux.cfg.patch

pungi -c myapp.ks $ARGS --force -I