Can pungi put packages in the iso that are not installed?

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Thu Dec 25 02:40:05 UTC 2008

Joe Nall wrote:
> Can pungi put packages/groups in the iso that are not installed?
>
> Context: I'm building spin using pungi that includes packages that get
> installed in a second pass in a manner similar to firstboot. The
> packages require a number of services to be running to properly
> configure themselves and can't be grouped in the initial install.
> I want to include the packages in the repo, but not install them until
> the system has more services running.
>
> joe
>
> -

What I do, is make  package of packages.  In this way, all available
in-house built packages are available to install on first boot, from a
slight modification I make to rc.local during the post.

Basically, I have in rc.local:

if [ packages exist in this dir ]
    then
    rpm -ihv dir/*rpm
fi

Here is a bit of justification for doing first boot packages:

postgresql cannot be configured for network access during post install.
One of our rpms modifies the postgresql configs, and then creates a
specialized database.

There are quite a few applications (like postgresql) that generate
configuration settings the first time that they are started.

Maybe this will get your creative juices flowing towards an even better
method, and please, share! :)

Good luck!