rebuilding from old cvs tags

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 16:58:43 UTC 2008

Mike Bonnet (mikeb at redhat.com) said:
> If a transient build error (build system hiccup) prevented the build
> from completing, you should be able to rebuild from the same tag.
>
> Yes, I know there are some failure modes where this does not work, but
> we're working on addressing those, and they should be the minority of
> cases.

True, but if it's something like 'a build dependent package is broken',
you're unlikely to remember to just re-push the task two days later
when it's fixed. In any case, turning off force tag would lead to
either:

- needless release & changelog inflation

or

- usage of scratch builds just to test that it builds everywhere

Actually, do we even know if disabling force tag can be worked around?

Bill