building from git using custom koji install

Jesus M. Rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 14:19:13 UTC 2008

We've installed koji (1.2.5) on F8 and successfully got the
buildroots generating and scratch builds of src.rpms working.

I'm trying to build packages from our git repo. I gave it
the url to our repo:

git://git.fedorahosted.org/git?spacewalk.git#HEAD

But it complains about not having a spec file. Which makes sense
as there is no spec file at the top of the tree. The spec file
I want to build is actually located in the web directory.

http://tinyurl.com/65hs7b

I've tried several versions of the url with no luck. It seems
that koji expects the scm repository house a single package
which is not the case for us.

Has anyone else run into a similar situation? Is there a way
to specify the subdirectory to look in after doing the
git clone?

jesus m. rodriguez     | jesusr at redhat.com
sr. software engineer  | irc: zeus
red hat network        | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012 | 919.623.0080 (c)
|  "Those who cannot learn from history     |
|   are doomed to repeat it."               |
|                       -- George Santayana |