Revisor - package not found and kickstart options change dep error tolerance?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Sep 5 12:05:43 UTC 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> I am trying to build a revisor-based School Server installer, and I am
> finding some oddities
>
>  - As I mentioned before, it complains about a missing dependency for
> a package that is right there, in the same repo as other packages it
> is picking up.

What exactly is the missing dependency error?

>  - If I pass --kickstart-include --kickstart-default the missing
> dependency is fatal. If I don't, it shows the warning and builds the
> image...

This is expected behaviour; If a compose that is going to get installed
unattended (--kickstart-default is the key here) has dependency
resolving problems, it will not get installed unattended (but fail
miserably in attempting an unattended install).

> both quite strange problems... I'm jumping into the src right now to
> see if I can find out more, thought I'd mention it... btw,
> http://lists.fedoraunity.org/mailman/listinfo/revisor-devel is still
> unreachable...

Again? :/ Note to self: Still gotta move off Zimbra.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip