A couple of questions about pungi

Brian Edginton edge at edginton.net
Thu Sep 18 15:49:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Brian Edginton <edge at edginton.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 11:48 -0600, Brian Edginton wrote:
>>> Yes, I have. That set's the product and release information as it
>>> traverses through correctly but doesn't effect the name of the iso,
>>> which is built from a concatenation of iso_basename, version and arch
>>> (pungi.py). In config.py iso_basename is defaulted to 'Fedora' but it
>>> seems there is no practical way to set it from a config or cli. It
>>> looks like some older turn of pungi set iso_basename to name if it was
>>> empty but that has gone away now.
>>
>> Hrm, ok.  I know I lost some things when we moved away from a config
>> file.  I don't think it's all that unreasonable to set an iso basename
>> to that of name, I'll take a look (or review a patch... :)
>
> Hint taken. Let me review it a bit more and I'll get something to you.
>
> -edge

<disclaimer python'eer=not>

So, I would have expected the following change to have the effect of
setting iso_basename to 'name'.

config.py

-self.set('default', 'iso_basename', 'Fedora')
+self.set('default', 'iso_basename', self.get('default', 'name'))

but what I find is that it sets iso_basename to the default value of
'name' even when 'name' has been set to another string. I can see this
because the value I set it to is actually reflected in the options
passed to the various utils that pungi calls. It is almost like
iso_basename is being evaluated before name. Is there an inherent
order that the members are instantiated in python?

What am I missing here?

-edge