Creating a custom distro with pungi

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 19:01:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 20:44 +0200, Julian Aloofi wrote:
> I'm currently trying to create a custom distro with pungi. More
> precisely, I've been using rpm -qa --qf="%{n}\n" to create a list of
> packages currently installed on my system, added the needed repos
> (rpmfusion-free, rpmfusion-free-updates and adobe-linux-i386) and built
> a kickstart file out of this. Now I have some questions, and it's pretty
> hard to find any documentation about that, so I thought I'd just ask on
> this list.
>
> 1.)How can I specify which packages should be installed by default?
> The packages in my kickstart file get added, but don't get installed by
> default. I figured out that it had something to do with some xml files,
> but what exactly do I have to do to, for example, install all packages
> from the kickstart file by default? I'm not so comfortable with anaconda
> and repo files, so please mention file locations if I have to edit some
> files.

You would have to modify the comps xml file to list the packages you
wish installed and set them to manditory or default.  The graphical
package selection is generated via this file which lists the various
categories, groups, and packages within the groups.

> 2.)How can I replace fedora-logos, fedora-release and
> fedora-release-notes with generic-logos, generic-release and
> generic-release-notes? I tried to exclude them from repos in the
> kickstart file and excluding them from the package manifest, however it
> didn't work.

This I'm not familiar with, I haven't tried doing it with pungi.  I'd
have to look a bit deeper into it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!