Is koji the right build tool for me? and some newbie questions

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 16:11:48 UTC 2009

Zubin Sethna wrote:
> The problem here is python 2.5 since my build machine runs on RedHat
> Enterprise Linux 4 (ES) which uses an older version of python and I
> can't seem to find a python 2.5 RPM that will install on this OS.
>

> Also what is python(abi)? Do I have to install a full python 2.5 RPM to
> satisfy this dependency?

You will need to rebuild koji under RHEL4 (or at least something more
RHEL4-ish) if you want to run it on RHEL4. However....

1) There are some build deps that are missing from RHEL4, you will need
to provide them yourself (some may be in epel, others can be rebuilt for
RHEL4). I know it is possible to build koji for RHEL4. But...

2) Once built, there are some additional runtime dependencies for koji,
some of them indirect (koji-builder requires a recent mock, and mock
requires lots of things). I think you can probably get koji-hub and
kojira to run under RHEL4 without too much pain. Getting koji-builder on
a RHEL4 box is going to be a world of pain (mainly because of mock and
yum) -- save yourself the time and use RHEL5 for that.

Deps you'll probably need:
createrepo
git
mock