Delete a build from a tag, How to do ?

Mike Bonnet mikeb at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 12:20:52 UTC 2009

Jitesh Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 20:54 -0700, Jian Lee wrote:
>> Hello, everyone
>>
>> I want to delete a build from a tag, How should I do ?
>>
>> example, the tag tms2.0 have following build:

>> b43-fwcutter-011-5.tms2  michaelw  2009-06-19  09:52:18  complete
>>
>> I first try to delete the build from tms2.0 tag by following cmd:
>>
>> ----------------
>> # koji call deleteBuild b43-fwcutter-011-5.tms2 tms2.0
>> GenericError: Cannot delete build, tagged: [{'id': 10, 'name': 'tms2.0'}]
>>
>> Did a use a wrong api ? or did I can delete a build from a tag use
>> kojihub api ? Must to direct do on postgresql ?
>
> deleteBuild will still keep some data in the database. If the reason for
> deleting the build is so that you can build/import it again, then try
> using "resetBuild". It will remove all the files and rpm data and mark
> the build as "cancelled".
>
> (Although a quick looks suggests that it removes entries from buildroot
> too. So, use with care)
>
> Do correct me if I am wrong.

You're correct, resetBuild is a *very* big hammer, only to be used in
exceptional circumstances (I can probably count the number of times I've
used it on one hand).  deleteBuild is also only meant for use by the
koji-gc script, and should really never be called manually.  That's why
neither of these methods are exposed via the koji cmd-line.  If you're
going to use them, think very hard about what you're doing, why you're
doing it, and proceed with caution.