Revisor (or Anaconda?) spin - unable to install on i586

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Mar 1 15:00:58 UTC 2009

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
>> If I gave you some 2.1.4 revisor packages to test on Fedora 9 (I'm not sure
>> they work but there have been no major changes), are you able to test them?
>
> Yes. My only 'compat' concern is with anaconda. If they expect
> anaconda smarts that aren't there...

Well, Revisor (by means of the version-specific buildinstall scripts in
/usr/lib/revisor/scripts/) on Fedora 10 is able to compose Fedora 9, and
only changes in things -like squashfs major version mismatches (like
right now between a Fedora 9+ and an EL-5 station) may cause issues. The
Revisor version itself... shouldn't cause all that many issues.

If you want a quick try you can do:

autoreconf -v && ./configure && make rpm in the source tree.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip