bind-mounting files in mock

Jay Greguske jgregusk at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 18:52:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

While trying to get livecd-creator working in a mock-built chroot, I
discovered that only directories could be bind-mounted using the
bind_mount plugin. I made a few code changes and attached a patch for
your consideration that enables the bind-mounting of files. Like
directories, the bind-mounting of files will require
'internal_dev_setup' be set to False, otherwise the mount command will fail.

In the chroot configuration file the following syntax would be allowed
(which looks just like that which was used for bind-mounting directories):

config_opts['plugin_conf']['bind_mount_opts']['files'].append(('/dev/loop0',
'/dev/loop0'))

Please let me know what you think, and thanks in advance for your time!

- Jay