bind-mounting files in mock

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 15:57:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 10:37 -0500, Clark Williams wrote:
> It's not described in the man page, so I'm a bit leery about depending
> on that behavior. That being said, it's not a normal use-case for mock
> builds, so it'll probably only bite the livecd creation stuff it the
> bind-mount behavior changes.
>
> Ok, I'll pull it in for the next release.

I need that functionality too when building install images.  Rather than
see more and different code paths when chroot generating, I think there
would be some value in using the same code path regardless of how the
chroot is used.  I think the bind mounting of dev/ is only there for the
loop entries, I don't know of any other mock consumers that require a
real /dev/ tree.  We might consider just always file bind mounting a few
loop entries in and only having one code path.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!