ActionNotAllowed: policy violation - but why?

Mike Bonnet mikeb at redhat.com
Fri May 8 14:04:16 UTC 2009

Steve Traylen wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Steve Traylen <steve at traylen.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I was reliably  building on a tag before but now receive
>>  ActionNotAllowed: policy violation
>
> A little bit more.
>
> ActionNotAllowed: policy violation -- all  :: deny

What version of Koji are you running?  I believe there was a bug in
earlier versions that caused a missing "policy" entry in
/etc/koji-hub/hub.conf to result in denials of everything.  That should
be fixed in 1.3.1.  Alternately you could add a policy entry to allow
building from srpm into the dist-centos4 tag:

[policy]
build_from_srpm =
      tag dist-centos4 :: allow
      has_perm admin :: allow