One build for multiple platforms?

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Thu May 14 20:30:29 UTC 2009

Steve Traylen wrote:
> Is this check useful? It requires one to create to src.rpms before they can
> be submitted to dist-centos4 and 5. I can't for instance just grab a
> src.rpm package
> from fc10 and submit it.

Koji likes to know the NVR it is building before it starts building it.
This allows Koji to mark the build as in progress. It also allows Koji
to detect nvr conflicts early (rather than at the end of the build).

If the resulting build does not match this NVR then that is pretty big
consistency problem

I too have run into this quirk. It is not that difficult to remake the
srpm with the right dist tag before submitting.