mock rpmdb version issue with epel-5-i386 target

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 18:51:56 UTC 2009

On 09/14/2009 01:13 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Note that you'll have rpmdb mismatches even when creating an EL5 chroot
> on EL5, if you create an i386 chroot on an x86_64 host.  Just that
> difference is enough to cause rpmdb mismatches.  A work around if you
> must work within the chroot is to remove the db cache, rm
> -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*

Of course, that is a smaller level of incompatibility since those files
are so safely removable (as long as there is not a transaction running).
I've encountered many issues with one version not liking another
version's __db files over the years, but this is the first time since
RHL6.2 that I recall the main database files being incompatible like this.