Adding builders without NFS access

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 19:11:49 UTC 2009

On 09/28/2009 12:39 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> I believe that currently any koji builder needs to have read-only access to
> /mnt/koji, normally realized by NFS mounting.  I am wondering if there is a
> way to add builders to a koji instance without requiring this.

This is entirely possible and has been in place for years I think. As
Jesse points out, you need to make sure any builders that lack the nfs
mount are not in the createrepo channel.

Also, you need to make sure you have the builders configured for http
access. That means you need to set topurl instead of topdir in the
config as well as setting the pkgurl option. Of course that means your
kojidir must be http accessible from somewhere.

I should also point out that the shared fs need not be accomplished by
nfs (though this is arguably the easiest method). There are multiple
ways of sharing a filesystem across machines.