How to handel spinning when i686 versions of packages don't make it into the updates repo?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 01:22:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 18:08 -0500, Mike McLean wrote:
> Is there a mechanism to remove 'fallen' multilib packages? If not,
> couldn't there be update errors? For that matter, what if the lingering
> older multilib package contains a security flaw?
>
> My apologies if this has been discussed to death elsewhere.

It is not often that this situation happens, and usually we take a
second look at the type of update going in, and whether or not it would
be suitable as an update to a stable Fedora release.  Alas we cannot
always detect this before the push goes live (autoqa will fix this, I
hope).

I do not know if the stale multilib version gets cleaned up or not.  I
think there is some code to handle it at anaconda upgrade time where
this type of scenario is more likely to occur.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!