network configuration

Hello,
I recently installed Fedora Core 3 on my computer and am not sure how to
configure the system so that it can access the Internet. It recognizes
the ethernet device to which I am plugged in to. I am at a college
campus and plugged directly into an ethernet port in the wall. I copied
down information I thought I might need from XP's ipconfig before going
on to install Fedora (things like what my DNS suffix, IP, subnet mask,
and default gateway were at that time). I am new to Linux and Fedora and
would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks!

Timothy Arnold
timarnold fastmail fm