Re: CD Writer???

Please using xcdrost tool or k3b for cdwriting.The only configuration for cdwriting is adding following step on file /etd/grub.conf

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358smp ro root=LABEL=/ ide-scsi=/dev/hdc. In here the cdwriter is secondary master .Then rebooting ur system.Then please check the cdwriting tool

Regards
Manoj