Re: pup - Package Updater

On Thursday 13 January 2005 12:15, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> 2005-01-13 12:15
>

> system-config-packages is dead! Long live pup.

After this initial message, there has been little comment so here are my
views:

1. For all intents and purposes, pup should replace up2date as well as
s-c-packages.  I expect up2date to continue as a RHEL product since that is a
completely different channel.  If pup could take over the RHEL functions
also, then good.  Otherwise, drop it from FC.

2.   Both the anaconda install and pup should support the same protocols for
input (e.g., cdrom, nfs, http, etc).

3.  Beside package groups, I should be able to select the installation AND
removal of individual packages.
--
Gene