FC1: severe gnome panel applets problems after up2date

Volker S. Gierenz gierenz at web.de
Thu Apr 8 18:33:16 UTC 2004

Hello all,

after a complete up2date of my FC1 system (incl.  gnome libs and gnome
panel) to the most recent version available for FC1, I get rather severe
problems with the gnome panel.
All applets (incl. window switcher, battery applet etc.) are gone and
can not be restored.

When I try to add an applet to the panel I always get the following
error window:

The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_BattstatApplet"
Details: Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure
occurred

Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?

Does anyone have an idea what to do here, esp. since all minimized
windows now disappear in the nirwana...

Thanks in advance!
Volker