Re: Kennt jemand Webhoster, die Fedora anbieten/nutzen und vielleicht unterstützen würden?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Aug 27 13:55:12 UTC 2007

On 26.08.2007 13:32, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Mike McGrath, der Leiter des Fedora Infrastructure Teams (
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure ) sucht deutsche Webhoster,
> die bereit wären, das Fedora-Projekt zu unterstützen. Hier seine Anfrage
> an mich (geschönte Fassung der IRC-Kommunikation):
>
>> knurd, do you happen to know of any good hosting companies in
>> germany? I'm specifically interested in hosting companies that would
>> be interested in working *with* fedora on some projects. Mostly just
>> server hosting. Either by donation, lease or purchase.
>
> Nun, ich hab mit Webhosting nicht so viel am Hut, aber ich habe ihm
> versprochen, mich mal etwas schlau zu machen, daher diese Mail.
>
> Also, kennt einer von euch vielleicht Webhoster, die dafür in Frage
> kommen (oder eine Hoster-Datenbank, wo man einfach nachschauen könnte,
> wer Fedora anbietet?) (¹) ? Gerade solche, die Fedora (oder RHEL/CentOS)
> einsetzen oder anbieten, wären vielleicht bereit, dem Projekt zu
> günstigen Konditionen zu helfen.
> [...]

Ich hab jetzt noch ein paar mehr Infos bekommen, die ich weiterleiten
darf (ja, ich weiß, besser wäre gewesen, wenn die gleich dabei gewesen
wären...). Eine Übersetzung spare ich mir jetzt mal:

---
We are actually looking to get a presence in other areas around the
world.  One thing we are looking for is a place to host our proxy
servers.  We're moving to a website where  the content can be cached, as
a result we'd like to place some proxy servers at various places so that
people can get content closer to them.

This is part of a larger internationalization project including better
translations and better localization.  A host with 32G drives, and 2G or
so of memory could go a long way with this. I would estimate around
500GB/month with potential for more on months which a release happens.

---

Darum geht es wohl erstmal hauptsächlich. Aber wenn jemand Lust auf mehr
hat:

---
Additionally we are looking for a place to store some of our off-site
essentials.  At present this would require about 400G of storage.  This
is a bigger commitment to make and, right now, the full requirements
aren't completely known as they may grow from this.
---

CU
knurd