Desktop Graphics Approval committee?

Jon W. Bius biusj at fayettevillenc.com
Tue Dec 2 14:45:27 UTC 2003

Exactly. It's really something that falls outside of any single distro's
sphere..... again, KDE-Look is a good model of a site that eases the
process and has a strong community. But there is a need for an easier
way to really have the "after-market" theme process take off.

Unfortunately, it's easier to find ideas than talented developers. I
wish I knew how to do something like that in a reasonable amount of
time.

Anyone know of any projects attempting something like this? Might be a
good way to contribute to that AND Fedora, in a somewhat roundabout way.

Jon

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 09:21, Julien Olivier wrote:

> IMO, what is needed is a tool to easily create cross-desktop bitmap
> themes (icon themes, GTK/XUL/QT widget styles and Metacity themes all in
> one tool), and a website to browse/download install them easily (as
> Fedora RPMs).

Jon W. Bius
Online Services Manager
The Fayetteville (NC) Observer