Desktop Graphics Approval committee?

jason pratt themadtux at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 00:44:45 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 09:01, Jon W. Bius wrote:

> However, I think what makes Windows themes so popular is they are
> add-ons, not part of the development process. Encouraging community
> supported add-on sites could fill that role by providing those items,
> sort of like kde-look.org does. A site that filled that role could
> have documentation for how to create themes, as well as simple rules
> for submitting things. The public would vote the best themes simply by
> downloading them. Yet it gives room for themes that maybe 5 people
> find valid, even if the rest of us don't really need it.

well gnome is supposed to have a repository for theme and it's called
art.gnome.org, but my God it hasn't been updated in quite a while. Which
is a bummer. gnome really needs a high class site like
"wincustomize.com". kde-look.org is updated almost daily. why can't
art.gnome.org get the same treatment. we need a gnomecustomize.org ;)

--
Jason Pratt
Linux User # 334419