Desktop Graphics Approval committee?

jason pratt themadtux at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 01:31:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 20:11, Steven Garrity wrote:

>  > The point is to be sure the defaults stay consistent and attractive, I
>  > don't think there's any need to suppress alternate themes, though I'd
>  > say the default install should try to keep a nice sane set of choices
>  > that appeal to a variety of people.
>
> Also agreed. Customization can be ok, but good defaults are an order of
> magnitude more important.

I'd have to agree as well. the default visuals are elegant and extremely
professional! it's shouldn't change at all. this is one of the reasons i
switched to gnome from kde. KDE is too shall we say "anime" looking,
cartoony etc. GNOME is very elegant and the default theme for RH and
Fedora are the best around.

--
Jason Pratt
Linux User # 334419