Default fonts in Fedora

Laurent GUERBY laurent at guerby.net
Wed Dec 10 19:28:49 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 19:06, Julien Olivier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Owen Taylor told (on the fedora-devel-list) that the Luxi/Nimbus fonts
> were the default for aesthetics reasons. I'd like to know what you think
> are the best fonts for the Fedora desktop. Is it Vera ? Nimbus/Luxi ?
> Any other free font ?

I have a 17" 1280x1024 LCD display (Hyundai Q17),
I use size 9 Bitstream Vera Sans with subpixel smoothing, everything
else looks worse (and I've tried lots of fonts, that's easy now
that most apps just redraw themselves when you click :).

At size 9 Sans on my screen, I don't honestly see how anyone could say
Nimbus or Luxi look better, just look at the "e" letter, but may be
something is wrong with my settings.

Laurent