how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Wed Dec 10 19:41:47 UTC 2003

> Although, it would be nice to have Gimp 1.3.x in Fedora Core...  (:
>
> It is in Fedora Extras/Testing as "gimp2", however.
> http://www.fedora.us/pkglists/fedora-1-testing.html

To be honest, GIMP-1.3 is the only beta piece of software I run on my
Fedora because the advantage of having a great GTK2 GIMP are more
important to me than have a stable GTK1 GIMP. But that's the only
exception. And even in that case, adding a line in yum.conf and running
"yum install gimp2" is not very difficult. I just GIMP2 will be out very
very soon :)

--
Julien Olivier <julo at altern.org>