[Fwd: someone asked....]

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Mon Dec 15 06:47:23 UTC 2003

Le dim 14/12/2003 à 20:11, jason pratt a écrit :

> I'd have to disagree. Red Hats modification of the default GNOME desktop
> is by far a more professional unified look.  It's one of the best
> looking gnome desktops in a distribution period. If they went with a
> default GNOME redhat/fedora would loose alot of appeal to me,
> personally.

I like Ximian Desktop 2.

I just decided during the weekend to finaly jump in the deep end and did
a yum install of Fedora Core 1 over Redhat 9 on my main machine. So I
took out the ximian rpms as per the instructions.

For the moment gnome is almost working again. I am missing the main menu
a lot...

Another thing that happened is KDE was installed on a machine where
there was no KDE before. yum upgrade is a little over zealous maybe? Yes
I did hav QT libs for those apps that need them.

If anybody has an idea why I have the redhat menu in KDE and not in
gnome advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tony Grant
--