New GNOME splash screen.

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 21:52:15 UTC 2003

Jon Atkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I've just modified the default Fedora Core 1 GNOME splash screen. I
> moved the lighter box upwards slightly so that the splash icons appear
> in the middle of the box rather than slightly offset, as they did
> before. It's only a small improvement, and I don't even know if the
> splash screen format will be the same in FC2 (though I didn't see any
> mention of GNOME 2.6 in the next release schedule), but I'd like to
> submit it.
>
>    Which brings me to my next question; how? Should I attach it to a
> list message, or is there somewhere to find out who I should email it
> to directly? I see no clear guidelines on the Desktop project page.

Jon,

Thanks.

In testing, I had a different font than what the final shipped with, so
the offset happened.  If you send me the file directly (as it should be
small enough for email), then I can (eventually*) fix the AI file,
re-export, and roll the changes back in to the artwork package.

* I'm about to leave the office for the Christmas and New Years
holidays, so there will most likely be a couple week delay.

Thanks,
Garrett