RHGB?

Dirk Westfal livelinux at nwst.de
Tue Dec 23 12:37:16 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 09:18, Joshua Sain wrote:
> I recently switched monitors because my "good" monitor fried itself. I
> sort of downgraded to a backup. The resolution that I had set on my
> "good" monitor isn't supported by my old monitor and I had no way of
> changing the resolution. How can I run the configurator in NON GUI to
> fix this? I don't know how to get to a command line... :-\ My fedora
> goes to a GUI login. What do I do to get a command line and how do I fix
> my resolution?

Do : ctrl-alt- F1 oor F2 to switch to a text console .

Login and either run:
redhat-config-xfree86 to create a new XF86Config

or :
vi /etc/X11/XF86Config , search the monitor section and change resolution
(Do this only if you know the h/v sync values for your monitor.

Alternatively:
at bootprompt:
init=/bin/bash

will drop you to a single user root shell from which you can edit the
XF86Config

hope this helps,

Dirk

--