[Fedora-desktop-list] Hi

Alexander Martins alex.msilva at uol.com.br
Sat Nov 8 17:48:49 UTC 2003

    Hi,

/tony wrote:
| I tried installing Gimp to check out the SVG stuff but it won't play
| nice with my RH 9 + Ximian Desktop2. SVG graphics crash Nautilus hard...
| SVG is where Linux is a little behind - no SVG pluggin browser support!
| Opera maybe???/

/
/

/| Well we need to work on this some more. It would be nice to have a OSS
| software for vector graphics on Linux. We should push the vector
| graphics developers into gear./

/
/

/| I have a Freehand license (Dreamweaver MX Studio). And I also have a G3
| Mac with all the graphics kit on board from a previous life =:-p/

/
/

/| This was something I think we should take very seriously. I am glad that

/
| Icons I usually do the hard way pixel by pixel in Gimp.

/

/| That sounds like a good way to do it. Anyone else have a way that they
| make icons? What about that list of applications that need icons now ;)
- --
| Jonathan C. Sitte <jcsitte staticnull org>

    I'm not a expert in this area, but I'd like to contribute... I don't
know what tools are necessary and how to do a icon.  I'll need your
help.  Is there some material , a tutorial, that i can study?

Regards,

       Alexander.

+ Alexander Martins da Silva    2nd email: alex at iq.ufrj.br +
+ Rio de Janeiro, Brazil        22,80 s  43,43 w           +