[Fedora-desktop-list] Let's get started.

tony tony at tgds.net
Sat Nov 8 18:04:16 UTC 2003

Le sam 08/11/2003 à 17:26, Jonathan C. Sitte a écrit :

> | I have a Freehand license (Dreamweaver MX Studio). And I also have a G3
> | Mac with all the graphics kit on board from a previous life =:-p
>
> This was something I think we should take very seriously. I am glad that
> you have said that you have a license for your proprietary software. We
> need to enforce that if people use Adobe, Macromedia etc then they must
> have legal copies of the software. I personally do not want to work with
> people that are using illegal software. That would not effect the person
> using the software illegally but us as well, the Fedora project and Red
> hat itself. We do not want to get sued.

My setup is: VMware running (yuck, beurk, icky...) windows (I have a
whole box of licences for that - strange I only use one copy...).

I have the whole hog Dreamweaver MX Studio. I have to have it because it
is what my clients use.

I would buy Adobe Illustrator for Linux on day one it came out. I know
that Adobe are often not very nice but that one piece of software
changed my whole life in 1988. I got religion using it with a graphics
tablet... If ever Crossover get Dreamweaver MX/Fireworks MX running +
Adobe Illustrator I will dump VMware because Crossover Office is so much
faster - no graphics overhead probably?

Gimp has been preferred over Photoshop for several years now. I even
bought a CD version to support the effort + a book or two. Fireworks has
very superior image compression - it beats every other product I have
tried. The slicing tool is a great time saver too.

I have an ADB Wacom tablet on the Mac (don't ask...) for quick sketching
and an old HP SCSI scanner.

All this will be replaced by USB on Linux ASAP

Tony

--
WWW.tgds.net | Logiciels de gestion de centre d'art | Hébergement de
bases de données en ligne | hush - ordinateurs silencieux pour