[Fedora-desktop-list] changing Gnome panel buttons

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Thu Nov 20 03:20:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 08:24, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> My feeling on terminal on the panel has always been that it takes
> approximately 2 seconds to add the icon, so I haven't ever understood
> why people feel it's so important to have there by default.

That's because of first impressions. You already have a whole lot of
other apps there, why not the usual terminal?

Some folks take a while to learn that right-clicking will only then
bring up a new terminal (easily).

If we have Mozilla there, and we do OpenOffice.org, maybe we ought to
just have a terminal there as well. And if its meant to take up less
screen real-estate, reduce the panel-size by default (its 48x48 iirc
which is way too large, imho).
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/