[Fedora-desktop-list] Changing default Gnome panel buttons - please

Jon W. Bius biusj at fayettevillenc.com
Fri Nov 21 15:55:14 UTC 2003

In digging through GConf editor, I found something under
/apps/panel/default_setup/general that pointed to the locations of the
panel. It actually contained the stuff that is in the default setup.

I'm not sure if that helps, but if it's something that could be edited
within ~/.gconf, couldn't that be placed in /etc/skel so that new users
would be created with those setting?

(I'm basing the /etc/skel part on what I read in "Red Hat Linux 9
Bible".)

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 10:23, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Hello Again,
> I have now been told by every fedora mailling list that this is indeed
> the list to ask this question.
>
> I can understand if most of you don't any idea how to do this, but the
> person who makes the changes for Fedora should be on this list and if
> he, or any one else knows how, please as least give me a bigger hint
> than RTFM.  After reading at least 50 of them, two versions of the gnome
> administration manual (2.2 and 2.4), along with the user manuals that go
> with them, and so much code and changelogs that I'm rather sick of
> them.  I'd like to sum it all up from one of the Austin Power movies.
>
> "Throw me a friggin bone"
>
> What file, or set of files, do you need to modify, to change the default
> gnome-panel buttons?
> By default I mean the buttons that a newly created user would see.
>
> Troy Dawson
>

> --

Jon W. Bius
Online Services Manager