[Fedora-desktop-list] What is it with the new Subject prefix?

Kevin Francis kevin at loose-screws.com
Tue Nov 25 10:54:20 UTC 2003

Why do we have this [Fedora-Desktop-List] tag on all emails?
it consumes space and is unneeded. I now have to devote loads of space
to the subject field :/

As for the excuse that some need it to filter, that's not really a
reason, as there are at least two other things they can filter on, and
it's easy in clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Evolution or even
procmail/mutt.

The ONLY client not able to do this is MS Outlook in my experience.

--
Kevin Francis
<http://denial.loose-screws.com/>