CD Artwork

Harry Moyes harry at shoka.net
Fri Nov 28 12:19:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 02:41, Garrett LeSage wrote:

> I don't know of a standard template to use, however.  As far as I know,
> each label kit uses its own layout.  Of course, this fact complicates
> things slightly.  (:

I would be quite happy with png images. They could be imported into most
label printer packages.

I guess it would be easiest to ship images for each CD, an image for the
booklet for a jewel case, the back insert for a jewel case, and an image
for a front card for a slimline case.

Could be quite a lot of images I guess.

Alternatively, provide an example of each, with details of the font size
and colour for the variable text, and a set of images without the
variable text. Most CD labelling packages I've played with will let you
overlay text on an image, and vary the font and colour.

Provided the images were of the correct proportion, and had whatever
trademark/disclaimer/info that Red Hat was happy with, that would work.
And if its part of an image, folks can't mess with it so easily.

You don't need the images for the cd labels to match the cd shape, all
the packages I've played with expect a square image, and crop it to a
circle on printout.

Of course you could ship a set of files for glabels, which is available
for FH1, don't remember now if I got it from the original install or
from one of the additional repository's.

Its GNU free and fairly easy to add additional label stock types, or at
least I managed :)

Harry