replacing XMMS

Link Dupont link at subpop.net
Wed Apr 21 18:11:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 13:57 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > What I'm curious of is comments by people who still use XMMS, and why.
> > What are the most important things to you that need to be fixed in
> > Rhythmbox?
> >

> I still use xmms b/c will run w/o skipping on my laptop (p3-550)
> rhythmbox won't.
>
> xmms is less pretty but I typically queue up songs, put it on the last
> desktop and leave it alone, so it's not a big deal.
My friend does this too. He uses quark for that. I realize that quark is very
non-new-user-friendly, but it fits that use case.

What about beep-media-player? I've taken a good long gander at it, and
it does improve on some things that xmms has.

Also, considered shipping Muine for a more minimalist music player?
While Rhythmbox provides the full-fledged music management?