Is SELinux for curmudgeonly codgers?

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu Apr 1 12:57:35 UTC 2004

Hi Bear Tooth,

> Given that I live behind a hardware router as well as RedHat's medium
> level of security -- and normally turn the cable modem off at night, as
> well as shutting everything down when out of town, and updating every few
> days when in town, or at once on receipt of any security notice from
> RedHat -- does SELinux look like being more of a boon or a hassle?

These kind of issues are better discussed at the fedora-test-list or the
fedora-selinux-list (this is the desktop-list, ie for discussion on
desktop development). See http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo for
subscription. You can also find the archives there. Similar questions to
yours have been discussed on these lists in the last few days (at least
on the test-list), so you might want to browse the archive a little.

Also there's a FAQ that handles most basic questions at
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/ .

Leonard.