Mozilla Usability in FC2t2

Benjamin Thompson bt3819 at arbor.edu
Thu Apr 1 18:15:45 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

    I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, I don't know if
it's a bug that I could/should report on bugzilla, and nobody on #fedora
ever responds. My question is this: is it normal for Mozilla to appear
to have completely locked up for periods of time in excess of 45 seconds
when navigating to a new page? This happens to me very consistently and
I'm wondering if this has been happening to anyone else. It makes my
browsing an exceedingly slow and arduous process. Mozilla-Mail also
freezes when the browser does this. Yet after the wait, the page is seen
as loaded and the browser and mail client are functioning as normal.
This presents a serious detriment to usability if Mozilla is behaving
this way. A less patient person would assume Mozilla was crashing and
would end up Force-Quitting their browser several times per hour. If I
am unique in having this issue, I hope someone can offer suggestions on
how I can fix the problem.

Intel PIII 800MHz
512 PC133 SDRAM
ATI Radeon 7200
Mozilla 1.6
Fully yum-updated Fedora Core 2 test2 as of this writing