Visual highlight of active inputs

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Wed Apr 14 01:03:10 UTC 2004

I posted last month in gnome-usability
(http://lists.gnome.org/archives/usability/2004-March/msg00067.html)
about visually highlighting active input boxes.

> I'm curious as to what people think about trying to make the current
> focus more visual prominent on input widgets - especially text input fields.
>
> Currently, the only visual indication of an active/focused text input
> filed in Gnome (and in Windows, for that matter) is the thin blinking
> text-input cursor.

I was told that this was already possible and was in the realm of the
theme. If this is the case, perhaps it is something worth looking at for
bluecurve.

The highlighting of active form elements is very powerful in OS X
(screenshot:
http://www.actsofvolition.com/images/osxreview_textform.gif) and would
be interesting to see in Gnome.

Steven Garrity