replacing XMMS

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 18:06:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 13:57, seth vidal wrote:
> > What I'm curious of is comments by people who still use XMMS, and why.
> > What are the most important things to you that need to be fixed in
> > Rhythmbox?
> >

> I still use xmms b/c will run w/o skipping on my laptop (p3-550)
> rhythmbox won't.

Ok.  Optimizing this is something we haven't really worked on much yet.
Partially that's because it works fine on all my systems :)

> xmms is less pretty but I typically queue up songs, put it on the last
> desktop and leave it alone, so it's not a big deal.

Do you find queuing songs in Rhythmbox to be more difficult?  Right now
you basically have to make a playlist if you want to do that.

Which of these problems do you think is more important?