desktop discussion

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Apr 21 19:31:35 UTC 2004

>  6. Daniel Veillard is hacking on a per-user daemon to replace
>     the FAM system daemon, primarily motivated by SELinux
>     (FAM system daemon lets you violate the security boundaries)

What is it that fam is supposed to achieve? I know it does file change
notification but I've never noticed a change in system behavior from
when it is off or on. Is Daniel's work on line somewhere?

>  7. The gconf multiple login question, which everyone is already
>     familiar with sadly... Mark was having a look.

What's been mark's take on this? Last thing I heard some discussion of
application configuration storage daemon - possibly not gconfd based -
but that sounded like deep in the future.

thanks for the info.
-sv