replacing XMMS

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Thu Apr 22 21:01:18 UTC 2004

Colin Walters said:

> The whole idea of Rhythmbox (caching all your song metadata in memory)
> definitely requires more RAM, no way around that.  How many songs do you
> have?

heh, funny you should ask.  i'm about 2/3rds of the way converting my cd
collection to ogg... all 700+ discs =]

>> oh, and xmms has great plugin support for stuff like flac and mp3, if
>> i were able to get rhythmbox working with mp3s without having to
>> recompile i'd be alot happier.
>
> You can since 0.8.0.

i live in the here and now, and the latest 'fedora released' is 0.5.4 on
fc1.  what version is going to ship with fc2?

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot