Desktop issues discussion proposal

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 19:04:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 13:01, seth vidal wrote:
> 1. prof in the dept with a laptop

We should be able to get laptops managed. That other thread on
fedora-devel mentioned this a bit maybe? Anyway, basically replicate the
OS image to them whenever they are connected.

If we can't figure out how to manage laptops (require manual
config/admin of them) then it's a big problem, since half of corporate
desktops are laptops.

> 2. my dad

This is a home user though as you say, not really a current focus at Red
Hat. Though we're happy to see people improving Fedora in this respect
and aren't going to reject enhancements for home users.

Havoc