Gnome 2.7 on Fedora

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Aug 9 03:56:47 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm looking to install Fedora on a machine of mine for the purpose
of running Gnome 2.7.  I'm regularly a FreeBSD user where I'm running
Gnome 2.7 right now and I'd like to have a linux machine as a basis of
comparison to track down bugs.  I'd like to know if there are any
reliable rpm repositories for Gnome 2.7 out there?  My interest is in
tracking the state of Gnome 2.7 instead of Gnome on Fedora.  That means
the recent updates to Gnome for RC 3 don't really help me.  I'd like to
have as vanilla an install of Gnome as possible and be able to keep both
machines' Gnome installs relatively in sync with one another.

I know there are garnome and jhbuild but this is a slow machine so I
don't feel like building from source.  I have found this repo so far:

http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/downloads/

I'm just wondering if there are any other repositories out there or if
anyone has any experience with using rpms from here. If anyone can point
me in a possible direction that would be great.  Thanks.

Tom