RFE: User-Understandable Default folders in Home

Michael Knepher mknepher at bluethingy.com
Mon Aug 16 07:31:21 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 19:43 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> > The new Evolution will import all your old mail, contacts, calendar
> > items, etc., on first startup.
> >
> How? Just copy the evo folder into my ~? What will then happen to my
> evolution-folder? Just imported and then never touched again?

More or less. I gather the internal layout is different in the two
directories, so it's not just a simple copy of the directory.

> > > Only prob. as far as i can see, is that neither moz or epiphany has a
> > > user-friendly way to select which printer you want to use. Whic is...
> > > BAD!
> > >

> > For epiphany, it should be a fairly simple matter. I'm not sure what's
> > involved with getting mozilla/firefox to use the new print system.

> What new print system? CUPS? It is really un-user-friendly the way it is
> now. Even KDE does better than that! (joke, not flamebait).

Cups is still the backend, but it's being integrated with dbus to
provide better usability. A screenshot of the new print dialog is
attached. Very close to KDE's.

> But i still
> cant see why we are using moz not epiphany (apart from being completely
> unpronounceable, and the word also un-understandable...)?
> Decision-makers: please answer (or somebody else who knows the truth)

That I don't know.