Gnome 2.7 on Fedora

Michael Knepher mknepher at bluethingy.com
Tue Aug 10 23:56:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 07:34 +0200, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> man, 09,.08.2004 kl. 03.56 +0000, skrev Tom McLaughlin:
> > Hi, I'm looking to install Fedora on a machine of mine for the
> purpose
> > of running Gnome 2.7.  I'm regularly a FreeBSD user where I'm
> running
> > Gnome 2.7 right now and I'd like to have a linux machine as a basis
> of
> > comparison to track down bugs.  I'd like to know if there are any
> > reliable rpm repositories for Gnome 2.7 out there?  My interest is
> in
> > tracking the state of Gnome 2.7 instead of Gnome on Fedora.  That
> means
> > the recent updates to Gnome for RC 3 don't really help me.  I'd like
> > have as vanilla an install of Gnome as possible and be able to keep
> both
> > machines' Gnome installs relatively in sync with one another.
> >

> GNOME 2.7.x has started appearing in rawhide/the development tree on
> the
> ftp servers. You're probably better off testing what is to become the
> official packages I guess, so start beta testing now? :)

With the 2.7.x series, rawhide has only been a few days behind Matt's
repository. I know in the past, Matt has hacked in some things like some
of the Ximian patches, but I don't know if he's still doing that. And
other than the default panel and theme settings, I don't think Fedora's
packages are tweaked that much, though I could be wrong.