RFE: User-Understandable Default folders in Home

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Mon Aug 16 16:28:20 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 19:43 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:00:30 -0700
> > From: Michael Knepher <mknepher at bluethingy.com>
> > Subject: Re: Fedora-desktop-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 11
> Ops, sorry about that one...
>
> > To: Discussions about development for the Fedora desktop
> > 	<fedora-desktop-list at redhat.com>

> > > What? How do i transfer my mail that is currently in my evo folder? I
> > > dont want to loose it!
> > >
> > > Only thing kept in .evolution before was passwords and mailservers
> >
> > The new Evolution will import all your old mail, contacts, calendar
> > items, etc., on first startup.
> >
> How? Just copy the evo folder into my ~? What will then happen to my
> evolution-folder? Just imported and then never touched again?

What I did was to copy my "~/evolution" directory to a
"~/not_evolution", and then ran Evolution 1.5.  It successfully created
a new "~/.evolution" directory containing the same information in a new
format.  I believe it didn't touch the old directory afterwards, and
after using the Evolution 1.5 for a week or so I moved "~/evolution" and
"~/not_evolution" into a "backups" directory.

[snip]

Dave