KDE locking up

Sean Plantz sean.plantz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 20:33:53 UTC 2004

First off, I have had troubles locking up all through the install
process as well, only way I could complete that is text mode install
for the first part (package install partitioning and boot loader
config) and using skipddc as a kernel option at grub before the
finalization of settings part. after that it brings me to the login
screen, I enter my info, and it boots KDE, (same thing happens with
Gnome btw) once the kde loader screen dissappears, the mouse still
moves but nothing responds when I click. just locks up the second kde
is done loading.. I have a Geforce 5200fx sound card, a AMD athlon xp,
and 1gb of ram which came out clean in memtest86, SuSe linux does the
same exact thing as well, but no other distro does (eg mandrake,
knoppix, slackware etc..) are there any options im missing, or known
issues of the same type? thanks in advance
Sean